• January – Isabel Allende, The House of the Spirits
• February – Julia Alvarez, How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents
• March – Ana Castillo, So Far From God
• April – Denise Chavez, Loving Pedro Infante
• May – Laura Esquival, Like Water for Chocolate
• June – Cristina García, Dreaming in Cuban
• July – Lorraine López, The Realm of Hungry Spirits
• August – Pam Muñoz Ryan, Esperanza Rising
• September – Esmeralda Santiago, When I Was Puerto Rican
• October – Michelle Serros, Chicana Falsa
• November – Carmen Tafolla, Sonnets to Human Beings
• December – Alisa Valdes, The Dirty Girls Social Club
Sounds good. Shall we join?
This is an interesting article about race and ethnicity and how that relates to a Latina/o identity.